Great printer for home use
Purchased from a local store large surface because Amazon still sells at list price and there was just a product review. Used the printer for 3 days and come to the following conclusions: fast printing, good ADF, good paper handling, high scan and easy setup! How not to love?
1) Printing - Print quality is very good, perfect for school and home. These include free pictures and duplex printing.
2) Scan - Last scan wirelessly to 3 different Macs. Scan photos, documents worked well. Could scan the touch screen of the printer and the computer to start. Worked with both flatbed and ADF. We have no specific quality requirements, but the output was for our application.
3) Copy - Copy is fast and the quality is good. Copied unilaterally unilaterally unilaterally sided ADF. Copy was fast and flawless. Lid is hinged so that it rises on thicker objects and books can be an inch thick to manage without problems.
4) Setting - for use on three Macs (2 10.6.8, 10.7.5 and has been defined). Set up was easy. I just downloaded the CD that comes with Epson. Configuring the wireless network is simple and straightforward.
5) AirPrint - if you have iPhones and iPads works very well with zero AirPrint set up!
6) No fax here, so I have no comment on that.
Before I found the 3540, I was hesitant to buy the WorkForce 845 for several reasons: 1) the model was one year old, and 2) problems in the treatment of heavy paper. Well, the new 3540 model and in my tests, it deals with the photo paper through the slot and rear tray without any problems.
I highly recommend this entire printer.
Do not have a good handle on the ink consumption yet, but will update when I do.
Update *** on the ink consumption (one of my comments below) ***
For those looking for ink consumption, I'm afraid I'm not very scientific on this front. We main school 2 children (8 and 10 classes) and is the primary / copier printer. In other words, there is a lot of use. My thoughts on the ink consumption are: better than the HP it replaced (more Officejet 5500), better than the Canon, we use mainly for photo (iP6600D), but not quite as good my Brother MFC-J6710DW. But the print quality of the Epson much better than his brother.
Having said all that my qualitative assessment is that the ink consumption is pretty good. We crossed a black cartridges and two. The reports of the printer with print:
223 pages in color
446 b / w pages
Unfortunately, I can not say that you had when the cartridges are replaced.
A recent study published in PC World ([...]), is the cost of ink and a little above average. PC World comments:
"The ink Workforce WF-3540 cost is decent, if you opt for the extra high capacity (large) Cartridge: 3.2 cents per page (CPP) for black and 2.7 cpp color, or 11.3 per cent four-color page. "
See Product Description Here